Escape Picky Eater Hell – A Step-By-Step System that Really Works.
Do you have a tough little picky eater on your hands and really wish you could get them to eat more healthy foods?
Having a picky eater at the table can make meal times hell pure and simple. Most often we end up throwing up our hands and just giving them whatever we can easily get them to eat in order to avoid the battle. It can just plain wear you down and who has the energy to fight with that every day in and out without end?! I get it!
We feel resigned and think we will just let them eat whatever they will accept so they have something in their wee bellies and hope that soon they will grow out of it.
The problem here is that we know the foundations of an adults health is built on the nutrition they receive as children. These years are some of their most important eating years because their bodies are building the foundation of health that will see them through life. So what is your child’s foundation being built on?
Picky eating is more than just a pain. It is possibly the greatest saboteur of your child’s health and one that you can change without as much struggle as you might think.
Now, maybe you’ve been down this road before…thought enough is enough we are putting an end to this picky eating once and for all….You look up everything you can on the internet and armed with some sage advice you feel cautiously hopeful that you can turn things around.
that lasts about a day or two and you are right back at square one with your tail between your legs! A familiar scenario for most any parent who has faced the wrath of a picky eater!
So I don’t blame you for being a little gun shy. Once bitten twice shy kind of thing! But I want you to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and give it one more try. Your child needs you to show up here and help them develop and important skill that will set the stage for their future health and even their relationship to food.
Your child can learn to eat more than just processed junk food and with the right support and system it won’t be as painful as you might think. It will take a bit of commitment don’t get me wrong. There is no magic wand waving here, but with some commitment and support it is 100% doable.
Dinner can be a more pleasant and even…yes…pleasurable experience again. You deserve a happier and pleasant eater at the table. Your child deserves the opportunity to develop this essential life-long skill!
This Training is For You If:
- You are tired of being a short order cook.
- The whinging and whining about food is driving you around the bend.
- You dread sitting down for a meal with the family or worse you actually avoid it at all costs!
- You’ve tried using some tips or tricks for picky eating but have had little success.
- Relaxed enjoyable meal times sound like a fantasy world but one you’d like to live in!
- Your child is stuck in a processed, kid food rut and you really want them to eat more healthfully.
- It is embarrassing to dine at other people’s houses as your child is so picky they won’t eat anything!
- Your child has some health concerns that actually require you to change their diet and you can’t imagine how you will manage it!
- You believe that good nutrition is a foundation for a good healthy future.
- Having support and a system to get through this sounds really, really good!
I get it, I’ve been there and have come out the other side of that little corner of hell. I can tell you it is possible and not even as hard as you might think.
What Exactly Will I Learn?
We start with 3 Simple Techniques for Expanding Food Preferences
- I will walk you through and show you how to implement 3 easy techniques that will support your child in trying new foods. It can be hard for kids to try new things. These techniques approach it in a way that makes it easier and less stressful for you both!
- The 3 techniques allow your child to safely begin to expand their palate and food horizons so they are eating in a more balanced way.
- You will see them begin to eat whole foods and trying new things without all the stress and combat.
Next we move onto the 3 Non-negotiable Meal Time Rules
- I will walk you through how to employ 3 simple rules that are fundamental to guide your child in developing new eating skills.
- Learn what to do and say if they resist or even down right refuse foods or meals.
- Use the rules in the most effective way to ensure your child’s success and create a healthy, happy eater and much more peaceful and pleasant meal time experience for you all!
Sometimes we need a bit more intervention in which case we move onto Behavior Modification Tools for Extreme Picky Eaters
- I lay out the tools and techniques used to deal with even the most challenging and extreme picky eaters. You know the ones….they won’t touch anything green or that doesn’t come in a fun breaded shape or in a box with cartoons on it!
- These kids need a little more support and these tools offer them what they need and the strategy you require to get them to eat in a way that will begin building that healthy foundation.
- You will be guided on exactly how to use these strategies with calm and confidence so you don’t feel you’re going to lose it every time you sit down to the table.
My Own Picky Eater Saga
Having worked in health & wellness for over 20 years I have always been fairly health conscious, but I will admit, my son has not always been the best or healthiest eater! I think his very first word was coookieeee!
He ate a lot more sweets than I would have liked and he reminded me a bit of a certain blue monster with an addiction to cookies! If I wouldn’t give in to him he knew how to get around me and get almost anyone else that was around to give in to his desires! His father’s Gatorade drinks became a regular obsession and dinner out always meant something deep fried, breaded and or covered in ketchup.
Even though meals at home were relatively healthy my son’s tastes were being influenced by all the processed foods that were creeping in and he was beginning to reject the real food that appeared on his plate.
That all came to an abrupt and rather jarring halt when we found out that he had an autoimmune condition and had to make some big changes to our diet. I had to figure out pretty quickly how to get my son to eat the foods that were allowed on our protocol without causing an all-out food strike.
Dinner was more than a combat zone for a little while. Pretty much every meal resulted in tears and tantrums and not always my son’s!! More than once I swore we were throwing in the towel and just letting him eat whatever he would eat because I was just too tired and fed up with the battle.
It was beyond frustrating until I started doing some research and figured out how to make this work!
I went on a quest into the current wisdom on kids eating, behaviior modification and good old fashioned family values. I took some extra training, talked to a lot of other mom’s that had made changes successfully and through a lot of trial an error zeroed in on the methods, techniques and tools that made it all click.
We put a system in place and it worked!
I won’t lie to you and say that it all became a cake walk. There was still some push back for the first little while and he will still test his boundaries to this day. But, because I had a plan and tools in my pocket that I could consistently apply, change began to happen. Within a couple of weeks my son was a different person at the dinner table and so was I!
Meal time was no longer something I dreaded more than anything in the world! Not only were we all more relaxed but I was thrilled to know that my son was now eating in a way that would support his body & health instead of destroying it.
I know what is possible for our little ones if we give them the right support. I hope you will join me in helping your child develop the skill of being and open and healthy little eater and building a health foundation for life!
It is not hard.
It only takes a bit of commitment, just like any other skill we help our kids learn.
Membership Has Its Benefits
Is membership for you? Check out all the great benefits!
"I really like the uniqueness of Deborah’s background, having also worked in Counselling. I am now very convinced that any person helping others with chronic illness should be very good at listening. Deborah has listened carefully to our “struggle” stories which I have discovered often have clues as to the root causes of our problems. I think it also allows Deborah to gently guide us to implement certain changes when I am looking for excuses to not do it and have a more positive attitude toward the process.
I could go on and on, I just so appreciate Deborah’s support! She has been instrumental on my kids’ recovery and I hope that many others can work with her and find health for their kids."
"It's so hard to put into words how much Deborah has helped change my son’s life. I was so excited when I found her and couldn't wait to start my journey to help heal my son through diet being the huge step! Deborah is an honest and extremely intelligent individual that really listens to your concerns and helps you to make the best decisions. She has such a great knowledge of nutrition and makes you feel very comfortable during sessions. I can't thank her enough for her genuine care and help. I don't know what I would have done without her! We have seen amazing results and it keeps us motivated to keep going and I have her to thank for that!"
"We have consulted Deborah few months ago for my 4 year old ASD son for implementation of GAPs diet. We had tried this diet twice on our own but each time we gave up on the very first day because of severe detox reaction. But when we started under Deborah supervision it was a lot easier and smoother. She has been amazing support throughout our gaps intro stages, she is always available and answers my queries immediately. She helped us to pass the severe detox phase by modifying diet for my son's individual issues. Without her guidance and moral support, I couldn't imagine to delve into gaps diet. I really enjoy listening her live radio show, she invites different experts and experienced mothers to share tremendous amount of knowledge with parents like us. Also her website Kids Health Revolution has also tons of information."
Deborah is a very qualified teacher that makes it easy to understand supporting gut integrity.
Fantastic. Deborah is an expert in this area and keeps everyone engaged. Appreciate her story.
Deborah did a great job in the Gut Healthy Breakfasts Class. Open to questions, good answers and lots of information. Thank you!
Deborah is engaging and down to earth.
The class had lots of recipes and different ideas, a great way to begin a change in lifestyle and eating!
Still not sure this is the right fit for you and your family? Book a 15 minute consult appointment with me and we can chat about your concerns and help you make the decision that is right for you.